Module 3 focuses on understanding the data that will support the food safety investigation, and how to assess the weight of the evidence that has been collected, as it relates to the implicated source.
By the end of this module, learners should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and type of information collected in focused questionnaires,
- Identify and understand data that supports a food safety investigation,
- Assess the epidemiologic evidence that implicates a particular source in an outbreak, and
- Use a weight of evidence approach to perform an epidemiological assessment.
Module 3 sections:
- Monday June 1 – OICC call #2
- Focused questionnaires
- Interpreting results of focused questionnaire
- Thursday June 4 – OICC call #3
- Loyalty cards
- Friday June 5 – OICC call #4
- Exercise 4: epi assessments
- Product recall