Module 4 illustrates the steps taken during the final stages of the investigation; including how and when the outbreak is declared over and the OICC is deactivated, how the investigation steps are documents, and the knowledge translation activities that play an important role in the conclusion of the investigation.
By the end of this module, learners should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and process of declaring an outbreak over,
- Understand the different ways that outbreaks can be documented, and
- List the types of knowledge translation activities that can be conducted during, and following, an outbreak investigation.
Module 4 sections:
- Thursday June 11– OICC call #5
- Exercise 5: Declaring the outbreak over
- Declaring the outbreak over
- Closing the investigation: OICC deactivation
- Documenting the outbreak: Chronologies
- Documenting the outbreak: Final epi summary
- Documenting the outbreak: Outbreak Summaries
- Outbreak debriefs
- Knowledge translation